Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Celebs Dogs Slept Better Than Most Last Night

Normally, I avoid any news about celebrities. In my opinion it is a contributing factor to the dumbing down of America. One of my guilty pleasure is a website that posts daily funny and absurd photos from the web's zeitgeist. Well, "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." Anyhow, this morning I just happened upon some photos of a very nice house. A house that a celebrity paid $250,000 to build... for her dogs! I followed the link for the photos to the original blog that posted them. The blogger said it best, "Paris Hilton’s dogs sleep in a better place than me."

Yes folks, the world is definitely out of whack when a spoiled brat can build her dogs a better house than most of us have. It makes me chuckle and a little sad at the same time. I'm sweating these past few days in a New England heatwave, but Paris's dogs have AC. The irony... that high school history classes taught us that the French and Russian revolutions were started in part due to the disparities between the upper class and.... not the poor, but the "working class." (In my opinion the "middle class" is a modern American euphemism.)

Are we headed in the same direction? I think that if Paris were told about the plight of everyday American's, she just might say, "let them eat cake."

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
Republished copies of complete columns or portions of columns published here must be attributed with the following by line: "Silk City Independent, Manchester, Connecticut" followed by this blog's URL: http://silkcityindependent.blogspot.com/