Thursday, January 15, 2009

"It's time to get angry"

Have values like integrity and honor become outdated? Is there no room for them in our current consumer culture and atmospheres of corporate greed? Since when did they become idealistic principles? Am I a few generations out of place?

I don't mean to barrage you with questions, but I'm curious to know where the outrage is. I know that I'm certainly guilty at times of hunkering down and hoping for the best. I certainly don't have all the answers, but I certainly know enough to see that we are way off kilter.

Now is not the time to play the blame game. Now is not the time for pointing fingers and political positioning. Now is the time for bold leadership. It's time to get back to basics.

This got me fired up today:
It's got so horrible that we ought to be revolting
By: Simon Caulkin

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
Republished copies of complete columns or portions of columns published here must be attributed with the following by line: "Silk City Independent, Manchester, Connecticut" followed by this blog's URL: http://silkcityindependent.blogspot.com/